According to collision facts published by the Alberta Transportation Office of Safety, in 2013, the most recent year for which statistics are available, there were 141,638 vehicular accidents on roadways in Alberta with 18,650 injuries and 358 deaths. Almost 90 percent of these accidents, injuries and deaths were due to the negligence of at least one of the drivers involved.
The most common causes of motor vehicle accidents are:
- Losing control and veering off the roadway.
- Crossing the center divider.
- Running a stop sign or red light.
- Making a left turn into the path of an oncoming vehicle.
- Distracted driving.
At my law firm, Exclusively Injury Law, I conduct a thorough investigation and know when to call in the appropriate experts. My firm combines the latest technology with efficient, dedicated and personal service. In addition, I bring my more than 22 years of experience representing injured clients to the negotiation table and have a track record of success.
Some of the damages you may be legally entitled to include:
- All medical expenses. This includes immediate expenses and also those you are expected to incur in the future due to the injuries you suffered in the accident.
- Current lost wages and wages you are expected to lose in the future.
- Job retraining if you are unable to return to your former employment.
- Cost of physical rehabilitation.
- Compensation for your pain and suffering.
Insurers know you need the money and, unfortunately, have a reputation for taking advantage. They often make low settlement offers that do not consider your future needs. If you accept the low offer and sign the required release, you will lose your right to ever ask for more money no matter how extensive your damages later turn out to be.
Contact me as soon as possible. I offer free consultations and will thoroughly review the facts of your case and help you decide how to proceed.