“How do we get paid? – the answer is very simple – I only get paid if I succeed in obtaining a settlement or award on your behalf”
We call this a contingency fee basis, with legal fees being based on a percentage of the recovery we effect for our clients. In this way legal fees are only paid if and when we effect recovery and no fees are paid until recovery occurs. Furthermore, we also pay all disbursements (such as medical reports and engineering analysis) incurred in advancing claims to avoid financial difficulty for our clients.
Our general contingency rate is 30% for motor vehicle accidents and 35% for all other claims.Its important to note that we pay all the expenses of the claim – investigations, medical reports, engineering assessments – anything that requires an expenditure to further your case, I will pay.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE YOU HIRE US
Once you contact us we will review the accident circumstances and advise you if you have the ability to advance a claim and if so we will deliver to you all documents necessary to retain our services.
ONCE YOU RETAIN OUR FIRM, WE WILL DO THE FOLLOWING:
- We will meet with clients at any hospital, their residence or place of work to minimize any inconvenience due to your injuries.
- We provide clients with updates continuously as their claim develops including medical reports and expert reports, patient files, engineers’ reports, police files etc.
- Ensure that all available sources of recovery are identified and notified of your claim.
- Notify the adjuster and deal directly with them or the respective insurance company from then on to conclusion.
- Ensure that all evidence, such at witness statements, vehicle damage, and accident scene photographs are obtained and preserved. Here we will retain if necessary accident reconstructionist experts and engineers as well as our own investigators and contact the police.
- In motor vehicle accidents we will assist in obtaining no-fault medical and disability benefits from your own insurance company.
OUR FIRM WILL THEN BEGIN THE CLAIMS PROCESS WHICH INCLUDES:
- Gathering and preserving evidence.
- Obtaining medical and expert evidence.
- Obtaining information and evidence from all third parties, such as employers, rehabilitation experts, occupational therapists, economists and housekeeping services experts.
Prepare comprehensive settlement proposals.
IF NECESSARY, WE WILL CONDUCT ALL STEPS IN THE LEGAL ACTION, INCLUDING:
- Initiating legal action with the issuance and service of a Statement of Claim.
- Questioning (Discovery)
- Affidavit of Records
- Compliance with Undertakings
- Making Court Applications
- Attending Pre-Trial Conferences
- Conducting Judical Settlement Conferences and Mediations
- Preparing Formal Settlement Offers
- If necessary conducting the Trial